Thursday, January 26, 2017

Snapchat Spectacles Case Melted While Charging

While it is kinda scary that this Snapchat Spectacles case actually melted while plugged in, at least it didn't cause a fire or burn the guy's house down.

But this time, when they connected the Spectacles case to the same Apple 5W wall charging brick, the owner wrote that “About a half hour later, I got a burning smell. Looked at the case, and it had melted the internals. The case was very hot when I went to touch it.” That’s worrisome, because if there was enough heat leaking out to melt the case, it could have potentially started a fire.